Saturday 21 June 2014

White/Cream + Blue at Inkspirational Challenges!

Hi friends,
It's time for a new challenge at Inkspirational! We have a color challenge for you: use white/cream with blue. These are the colors of the flag of Finland and the national colours of my home country -many Finns love this combo! You may combine these with neutral colors and natural colors for skin and fur. My Inkspirational DT teamies have made stunning projects for your inspiration and I hope you'll check them out from the challenge blog. As always we have a guest designer too and this time it's Laura from LE-Designs. Laura made a stunning shaker card for you, don't miss it!

In my card I've used a medallion stamp from PTI. I heat embossed it with white powder on patterned paper (Papermania) and the result was so pretty I didn't want to cover it up with anything else. :) I added some turquoise rhinestones as accents and heat embossed a Finnish greeting (Congratulations). That's my card in all of it's simplicity! :)

Thanks for popping by and I hope to see you playing along at Inkspirational. Happy crafting!


14 comments:

  1. Nonni, The details on the stamps are stunning when they are embossed/inked...beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ihana, ihana! Hyvää Jussinpäivää, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the white embossing on the blue paper. That medallion stamp is great! Beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...gorgeous, elegant, eye-catching. Gorgeous images and the pairing of the blue and white so striking. Wow...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Nonni! I love the idea of heat embossing over designer paper. That medallion is fantastic! Also, your mention of the blue being native to your countries flag made me google it to see the flag. =) Great card!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Nonni, I have so forgotten about this stamp. I have it too and love it. This is some very good embossing and perfectly placed gems x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of us have used a white/cream background with blue images, but you've done it the other way round and it looks great. The embossed medallion is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to use a doily stamp like this! Beautiful card! Enjoy your sunday, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you didn't cover up that gorgeous embossed stamping. It's so striking. Love this Nonni! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embossed images look fabulous over the background DP, Nonni - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very gorgeous and elegant card! Love the detailed embossing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the elegance vibe that this card gives, Nonni! Super-cool embossing job! This is one of those cards that make me sigh because it's just too darn pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning! Love the doily stamp and the watercolor over the embossing looks so lovely!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!