Monday 2 June 2014

New Sketch Challenge at STAMPlorations!



Hi guys,
June is here! That means we have a new trio of challenges for you at STAMPlorations: 2 sketch challenges -first one begins now and the second one on the 16th of June- and a monthly challenge beginning on the 6th of June. Enter all three and in addition to others prizes you have a change to win a monthly prize pack which is 3 Tim Holtz stencils, image below. Fun, right? Check out STAMplorations challenge blog for all the details for how to play along. 


I've used two STAMPlorations stamp sets in my card: SENTIMENT BUILDERS: Happy  and Distressed Floral Swirls. Below is a photo of my patterned paper before stamping: 


I stamped the distressed floral swirls with clear embossing powder and after heat setting it sponged the whole paper with DI Walnut Stain to cover up some of the blues and greens of the paper. The ink didn't cover up the black stripes but I think the look is quite funky! The sentiment is heat embossed with gold powder on vellum and I finished my card with  golden sequins. Hope you like! There's brilliant DT inspiration in the challenge blog, I hope you'll check out everyone's cards... Without forgetting our guest designer Monika! Happy crafting!

I'd like to enter:


17 comments:

  1. You're full of ingenious techniques, Nonni! I love the background panel. I've been reading, re-reading and scrolling back up to see how you did it - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Shirley... I was certain you had used a flourish PP (one of those that have large patterns and are tough to use on cards) and stamped over it with the brush stroke stamp! Ha! Was I ever wrong. Great idea. And the sentiment looks so classy heat embossed gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is such a dramatic card! I love it.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nonni this is so clever. I am amazed at how different the pancake looks from the DSP, and obviously love the sequins x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nonni, such a fabulous technique resulting in a card that is not only funky, but fun, fabulous and gorgeous! I'm in awe of your creativity...need to get 'caught up' in doing cool things (I'm still such a new-comer to this sport...). Your inspiration goes further than you may realize...Love this card!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bold parts on the card; beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an elegant card, Nonni -- awesome technique to do on PP! I'm drawn to the curly borders you have on the panel. Is that a punch? That gold is just gorgeous! May have to CASE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you explained how you did that, because I could not figure it out.... love the look of it! Great way to use PP - I have a hard time with that..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous stamping Nonni! Thanks for checking in on me. I'm doing lots better just have lots of things going on outside of crafting. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous design Nonni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Hvor yndigt. Tak for at du er med på udfordringen hos Card and scrap.
    DT Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool design Nonni. LOVE how your stamped patterned paper turned out - it's beautiful! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowzer! What an incredible card--LOVE it! Yes, I am a Schnauzer momma. We've had 4 Standard Schnauzers in the past & now have puppy number 5--11 month old Fritz--picture here http://ggnursecreations.blogspot.com/2014/05/thank-you-card.html
    Hope your new little guy will adjust quickly to the family--congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nonni. Love your altered paper, what a great idea. The gold embossing on velum looks fab too. Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Så stilig kort! Veldig flott! Tusen takk for at du deltar i utfordringen hos Card and Scrap!
    DT Unni A

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper June challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!