Monday 2 September 2013

Color Inspiration at House of Cards


Hi friends,
can you believe it, it's already September, autumn is officially here! House of Cards Challenge starts the fall with this beautiful color palette and as always, the first week of the month is reserved for cute and fun cards! My card is maybe a bit on the edge of shabby and not so fun in a humorous sense but my geisha is definitely super cute! If you are new to House of Cards, this is how the challenge works: We have the same inspiration photo for whole month -so this time it's that beautiful vintage hues pic you see above- and we make cards with different styles every week. Fun and Cute is the first, then comes Clean and Simple, next is Classic and Elegant and the fourth week is for Shabby and Vintage cards. I hope you'll join us in the fun! There's plenty of Fun and Cute inspiration cards in the challenge blog, use the link above to check them out.

In my card I've used a LOTV image and Lavanda digi paper from Nicecrane Designs. The paper I chose from the collection is perfect for our challenge colors I think! I colored my geisha with Copics, this was my first ever time coloring black hair and it was quite exciting... This is actually my second finished geisha -I decorated the first finished image with stamped swirls around it and that was a huuuge mistake -I didn't like it at all and ended up tearing up the poor geisha in fury! :) Well, I'm laughing about it now but it sure wasn't funny after hours of coloring practicing and a finished project in the bin. :) Have a fun day everyone!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.fi/ No flowers
http://just-add-ink.blogspot.fi/2013/08/jai-180-just-add-colouring.html Just add coloring
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.fi/ Any Sentiment
http://happycamperscc.blogspot.co.uk/ Use a stamp
http://www.ladyanneschallenges.com/stamp-challenge.html Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Onpas kaunis kortti, ja kivasti sopii jotenkin tuohon melko abstraktiin taustaan tuo taas melko romanttinen ja naivistinen kuva - voi ei, voiko tällaisia sanoja edes käyttää noin kauniista ja sievästä kortista :D :D Mutta siis ihastuttava kortti, ja kivasti siinä toteutuu tuo haaste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonni,
    She's lovely! Your card is very pretty: you definitely used the inspiration colors well! Have a wonderful week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nonni, this was well worth the fury!! It is just beautiful, the black hair is stunning, stunning, stunning! And the little cute Geisha is so perfectly coloured and in purples-happy dance from me for that! You are the Queen of colouring.......no, too young for a Queen..I now announce my new name for you........... the Princess of Colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing use from my Lavanda Papers,,,,,,,Nonni, and waht a cute and adorable geisha...wow,wowww,, so adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nonni, you colour beautifully!! Your Geisha is adorable!! Thanks for playing at JAI this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and lovely colours. Thanks for joining in the Happy Campers challenge this month. Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nonni, you have done a beautiful job of colouring the cute little geisha. Thank you for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is beautifully coloured and with such a beautiful colour pallet too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, this is outstanding! Your Geisha girl is so beautifully colored. Your card's colors are amazing! I love how you used your sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week.

    kathy b
    Aud Sentiments DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colouring of the geisha. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She really is cute! The colours are perfect for the challenge, a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nonni, this is gorgeous. Great image with beautiful colouring. Thanks for playing along with JAI Just Add Colouring this week. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your colouring Nonni - the shading on her robe and hair is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your coloring just blows me away, Nonni! That image is just darling and I adore the sentiment you paired with her! HUGS and have a great rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The image is perfect for the colour challenge and love your words.

    Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Kiitos, kun vierailit blogissani ja näit vaivaa kommentoidaksesi, kommentit tekevät minut tosi iloiseksi! / Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment, your comments make me really happy!